Blue Monster™ PTFE Thread Seal Tape
Blue Monster PTFE Thread Seal Tape is a thicker, denser, general-purpose thread seal tape that comes in a monstrous 1,429" roll. That’s 5 times more tape than conventional rolls of low-density thin tapes. Fewer wraps are necessary to affect a leak-proof seal and it applies easily. No waste and no re-taping make sealing joints a breeze. Now available in a smaller roll, Mini-Monster PTFE thread sealant tape.
Blue Monster thread sealing tape is manufactured from PTFE resin, a polymer consisting of recurring tetrafluoroethylene monomers whose formula is (CF2-CF2)n. It is inert and compatible with a very wide range of materials. Use Blue Monster on threads made from galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more. It can be used on pipes carrying the following:
|Cat. #||Description||Std. Pkg.||Wgt./Pkg.|
|70659||1/4" x 520" roll||10||0.50 lbs.|
|70660||1/2" x 260" roll||144||5.5 lbs.|
|70661||1/2" x 520" roll||144||7.5 lbs.|
|70662||3/4" x 260" roll||100||5.0 lbs.|
|70663||3/4" x 520" roll||100||7.0 lbs.|
|70664||1" x 260" roll||120||8.0 lbs.|
|70665||1" x 520" roll||120||11.0 lbs.|
|70885||1/2" x 1429" roll||45||5.5 lbs.|
|70886||3/4" x 1429" roll||27||5.0 lbs.|
|70887||1" x 1429" roll||27||5.75 lbs.|
|70888||2" x 1429" roll||27||11.40 lbs.|
- Acids, concentrated
(see precautions) and Acids, dilute
- Alcohols, Gasohol
- Aliphatic solvents, Aromatic solvents, Chlorinated solvents
- Ammonia, liquid
- Caustics, concentrated
- Compressed air, Steam, Water
- Cutting oils
- Diesel fuel oil
- Ethylene glycol, Glycerine
- Fatty acids
- Heating oils, Kerosene
- Hydraulic fluids, Hydraulic oils
- Hydrogen, gaseous and liquid, Inert gases, gaseous and liquid
- Jet fuel
- Ketones, Petroleum solvents
- Liquid Petroleum Gas, Natural gas
- Mineral oils, Vegetable oils
- Nitrogen, gaseous and liquid
- Soap, liquid
Point of sale display contains 45 roll
Composition: 99.6% PTFE
Pigment Color: Blue
Thickness: 0.0035" +/- 10%
Tensile Strength: 15N / mm2
Pressure rating: Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape has been used to seal fittings carrying water and oil at pressures up to 10,000 PSI or 69,000kPa
Note: Pressure ratings are relative to the quality and torque of the fittings and the amount of tape used.
Temperature Range: -450°F to +500°F (-268°C to +260°C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500o F or +260°C. Decomposition is slow up to 750°F or 400°C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
Fittings above 1½" (38mm) diameter.
- Use 3/4" (19mm) wide tape for fittings up to 2" (51mm) in diameter. Use 1" (25mm) wide tape for fittings larger than 2" (51mm) in diameter.
- Follow the directions under "Instructions".
Note: Keep Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape clean. Replace the clip on the spool after use. Store in a clean place. PTFE is virtually chemically resistant to all media, however there are a few exceptions. Alkali metals such as elemental sodium, potassium and lithium are to be avoided. These alkali metals remove fluorine from the polymer molecule. Extremely potent oxidizers such as fluorine (F2) and related compounds (e.g., chlorine trifluoride(CIF3) can be handled by PTFE, but only with great care. Since fluorine is absorbed into the resin, the mixture becomes sensitive to a source of ignition such as impact. Other media to avoid are 80% NaOH or KOH, metal hydrides such as boranes (e.g., B2H6), aluminum chloride, ammonia (NH3), certain amines (R-NH2), imines (R-NH) and 70% nitric acid at temperatures near the suggested service level.
Do not use Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape on oxygen lines!
Mill-Rose recommends Green Oxygen Tape for oxygen lines. For further safety details consult the Material Safety Data Sheet.
Note: Mill-Rose also offers a Yellow Gas Line Tape where certain codes require it.
The information presented is in good faith, but no warranty is given nor are the results guaranteed. Since we have no control over the physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Mill-Rose disclaims any liability for untoward results.
- A new, thicker, professional-grade density
- Monstrous roll (1429")
- Seals threads effectively in more applications
- No need for pipe dope.
- Easier to use - no waste!
- All purpose - use on iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more.
- Compatible with a broad range of gases and liquids
- Compatible with a broad range of piping materials
Will not harden or crack on the joints
- Effective across a broad range of temperatures and pressures
- Acts as a thread lubricant and anti-seize
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion of threads
- No curing time
- Unlimited shelf life
Ray Koehler Says:
"this tape... is outstanding. As a plumber for over 15 years, I truly appreciate a product such as this. What a vast improvement over the paper thin thread tapes common to the industry. "
Fittings up to 1½" (38mm) diameter
- Use ½" (12mm) wide tape
- Clean the male and female threads thoroughly
- Wrap the tape around the male thread. Take care to keep the tape under tension as you are wrapping so the tape molds itself into the root of the thread.
- Make sure that you wrap with the thread.
- Make sure that the tape does not overlap the end of the fitting.
- Three wraps seal most threads
Note: For poor quality or damaged threads, or threads that are hard to seal like parallel threads, or threads on fittings subject to vibration, more than three wraps may be necessary.